Thursday, November 8, 2012

Letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

I would like to congratulate you on your reelection.  I will admit, I did not vote for you, but I want you to know that as a fellow American, I will support you.  I have been counseled by my church leaders to do just that.

                        http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/statement-on-election-result


I know that you have a tough job and I will continue to pray for you and your family.  I will pray for your strength and good health.  I will also pray for wisdom and good judgment in all of your decisions.

I have to ask two favors. Sir.  I have two daughters in college.  They are married to college students as well.  They all work hard.  Throughout their college careers, they have worked at a convenient stores, a telephone survey company, the college, cleaning offices and carpets, third shift Walmart, managed an apartment complex for students, and have held positions in social service.  They have also sold plasma on a regular basis for anything extra.  My first request is this:  Will you please do what is in your power to ensure them employment when they are finished with their education?

I also have a son who has served in the military for over six years (I think).  He has served his country in both Iraq and Afghanistan and is continuing to train now to be ready if you need him again.  My request for him is two-fold:  Will you please do whatever possible to keep him safe while he is in and ensure him employment if he chooses to leave the military?

Thank you for your consideration.  God Bless You, Sir!

And I mean that sincerely,

Your friend through Christ, Connie Sandoval

No comments:

Post a Comment