Saturday, November 3, 2012

Down to the wire!


"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” — President John Quincy Adams.

We have Sunday and Monday.  Two more days of phone calls.  One more day of mailings (Yay for no mail on Sunday)  Of course, you may get some really pushy folks on Election Day.  Just do not answer your phones and don't go to the mailbox until after you vote.   Tuesday is the day for all who haven't voted early.    Polls in Ohio close at 7:30.  It is going to be a long day and the election is going to come down to Ohio, or so they say.

Emily made a comment to me that she is a nervous wreck.  I have decided that we should all vote our principle as Pres Adams stated.  That is all we can do.  Our country is set up to have checks and balances.   According to the economists, either way, the economy should look up.  We are heading in the right direction.  Neither candidate wants us in a war.  Even though they have different visions and ideas of how to make those visions become reality, both want to see us as a nation succeed.   It was never one man that put us in the tough situations that we, as a nation, have been in.  It will take more than one man to get us out.


                                                               FOR THE RECORD

                                                          I am voting for Mitt Romney.

                   
Why?  Well, I have studied the issues.  I have listened to what both sides, candidates and supporters have had to say.  And then I prayed about it.  There was not a huge booming voice in my ear with the answers.  Just a quiet peaceful thought and feeling.

Here is the number one reason I have decided on Romney -  Because I believe that he will prayerfully make decisions that will affect me and my children.   That is what I came up with while praying.

Do I believe that he has all the answers?  Nope.
Do I believe that he will do things that are probably not always perfect?  Sure.

But, do I believe that he will pray about his decisions?  Yes, I do.
Do I believe in the power of prayer?  Yes, I do.

                              That is my reason.  Mitt Romney is my choice.  Now it is up to all of you to make your own decisions based on your reasons.

Don't believe the ads.  They are designed to make you do something that you may or may not do without them.  Millions of dollars were spent on them.  Like someone recently told me, if advertising didn't work, money wouldn't be spent on it.

Happy Voting!!!!  We won't have to go through this for another four years!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment