Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Indeed, I am thankful

Courtney was looking for a new blog from me.  I really don't feel like blogging, but I feel like sharing the following video.

So often I hear that others not of my faith question whether  Mormons (or as we prefer to be called) members of The Church of Jesus Christ of  Latter-day Saints are indeed Christians.  I found this video and wanted to share it.  This sent chills to my very being and brought tears to my eyes.  Jesus Christ is my Savior, my redeemer, my teacher, my example, my brother, my God, and my friend!  If knowing that does not make me a Christian, I don't know what does.  I know I must have more Christ-like attributes, but I am working on them!

I plan to spend the next six weeks in earnest, developing my faith and obedience to His teachings. (I say six weeks because that is roughly how much time is left of this year!) Watching this video has inspired me.  I want the Lord to say to me one day, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!"  He has given so much to and for me, and asks so little.  Just for me to obey his commandments.  Funny thing is, He has commanded nothing that is too tough.  He has only thought of me (and mankind) when giving His commandments.

The problem with me and most of us, is that the world is just so tempting, so inviting.  Satan has a way of tricking us so that we don't even realize it at first.  BUT, he doesn't love us.  He is patient, but he is NOT kind.  He is selfish and destroying.  He is clever and masks his attempts.  But we each have the ability to see through the nonsense.  All we have to do is love the Lord and serve Him.  Pray and study.  When we mess up, He has given us the miracle of repentance that assists us in becoming clean again.

Yes, world, I am a Mormon and yes, world, I am a Christian!!

And I am indeed thankful for both!

Enjoy the video!    

For God so Loved the World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05nA0cNEEqk&feature=youtu.be





No comments:

Post a Comment